Can't Remove DivXMediaServer

techi3

In Runtime
My wife downloaded something and this happened to get downloaded.

I uninstalled it from control panel and restarted my computer only to find out it was still a start-up item via (run "msconfig"). From there it gave me the actual path to the main folder (c:\Program Files) and I deleted it from there as well and did another restart. I navigated back to msconfig to find out that it was rechecked as a start-up item, so I went into the registry following the path listed from system configuration (msconfig) and it's not where it said it should be.

If I un-check DivXMediaServer to disable it from start-up as soon a I click apply it re-checks itself?!

Does anyone have any idea where this program could be hiding or what other programs I might need to uninstall?

I started a wireshark capture in one of my VM's and reinstalled this to see what other programs followed it with no-joy.

Please Help...:pcmad:

Just tried it and rebooted with no joy. It still shows up as a start-up program?

I even downloaded the Windows Sysinterals Suite and used the (procexp.exe) Process Explorer, it's like a super task-manager for those that are unfamiliar. I defiantly recommend downloading the Suite for those that like to Geek-Out. Anyway, I need to finish my homework I work on this some more later.

Back
Top Bottom