Really worried, ( you shall not pass virus ) please help!!!!

glen_25

Beta member
Hi.

I was trying to download a free account for my friend for a game and I downloaded a file and my computer locked and said I had to answer this question to unlock my computer, I switched my computer off at the wall straight away, then I restarted and tried to go into google but a picture came up of some cartoon and saying "you shall not pass"". Anyway I have now done scan after scan to try and get rid of this thing. My main concern is on a website I looked at it said these viruses ""you shall not pass"" ones are the worst and can do such things as change your wallpaper open the cd tray turn on and record from your webcam and access your personal files. This is my main computer that my family uses so I have pictures and lots of videos of my self and family on here and am so so so stressed that this virus will track me down and kill me lol seriously I am so worried and don't know what to do, should I have anything to worry about? And what about my pics and vids will they be safe and my Facebook account ect. And what do I do if I can't get rid of this thing I am legit stressed right out about things like this hacking and tracking me down .

Anyway if someone could please help me that would be great as I am very worried about me and my family's safety

Thanks

Thanks allot for that. Although I am still worried about my files such as pics and videos and accounts. I don't want this virus to come back??

I read on a website to delete the hosts file. And I did that and now I don't have the problem. But someone said I shouldn't of deleted it so now I don't know what to do ??
Thanks

Run combofix then get yourself a real antivirus program. I use ESET security suite. One computer will run you about 30 or 40 dollars a year. I haven't got wanged yet having it.

Hi.

I was trying to download a free account for my friend for a game and I downloaded a file and my computer locked and said I had to answer this question to unlock my computer, I switched my computer off at the wall straight away, then I restarted and tried to go into google but a picture came up of some cartoon and saying "you shall not pass"". Anyway I have now done scan after scan to try and get rid of this thing. My main concern is on a website I looked at it said these viruses ""you shall not pass"" ones are the worst and can do such things as change your wallpaper open the cd tray turn on and record from your webcam and access your personal files. This is my main computer that my family uses so I have pictures and lots of videos of my self and family on here and am so so so stressed that this virus will track me down and kill me lol seriously I am so worried and don't know what to do, should I have anything to worry about? And what about my pics and vids will they be safe and my Facebook account ect. And what do I do if I can't get rid of this thing I am legit stressed right out about things like this hacking and tracking me down .

Anyway if someone could please help me that would be great as I am very worried about me and my family's safety

Thanks

You shouldn't worry about anyone tracking you down from it. There isn't a person actually trying to find you or your family, it's some "company" that tries to get this virus on as many computers as possible to trick people into paying them money to get rid of it. They don't care about your personal files, they just care about trying to get your money.
As long as you don't pay them and use other means to remove the virus, you should be fine.

Also, the worst case scenario for removing something like this would be to backup all your data and reinstall Windows. If you do end up doing that, I'd run some scans on the backup drive to make sure none of those files are infected, then reinstall Windows.

Download Malwarebytes antimalware and CCleaner (both free) and run them. Let the CCleaner clean both your files and registry with the default settings, and there is an option to check your startup apps. Then run Malwarebytes and let it scan the entire PC. Then get a firewall like Comodo (also free), it is pretty good at stopping little annoyances like these before they get a hold.

Most people will run straight away to the store and buy Norton or Mcafee which is ridiculous, and as ihaml64 said, those companies won't be in a rush to stop that from happening. Whether they write the viruses or not remains to be seen, but they sure as heck benefit from them in a multimillion dollar way.

That's why I always as a rule try to find the best free security option, if no one is making a ton of money out of it then the odds of genuine security are more in your favor.

A good backup program is also a must, and again there are many free options that are every bit as good as the expensive ones.

Conspiracy theorist, huh? I'm sure that antivirus and antimalware companies are not the ones behind the scourge out there on the net.

Back
Top Bottom