Hey guys, is this any good for my cousin?

Should he get this?

• Other (I will reply to this thread with my answer)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, well could you take an educated guess on how much it would weigh?

Looking at the specifications, I say around 3Kg (6lb) and that it costs around 1.000$.

By the way, I¡ve found a video of a PlanetSide 2 gameplay using that same graphic card in 1080 with normal specs (I think that's what you're trying to get) and the framerate is between 26 and 46 fps.

Also, I've found this page
Code:
http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?gid=689&graphics=GeForce%20GT%20650M

And you're cousin should be able to run PlanetSide2 in a decent resolution (1376x768) smoothly.

Operating system Windows 8 64 (win7 home will work better. less frustration.)

Processor 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor (2.4GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) (works for me but more power consumption when on battery. i5 better.)

Graphics card NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory ( love the 650. good pick)

Display 15.6-inch diagonal High Definition BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366 x 768) ( get 16 or 17 inch. reduces the squint factor.)

Memory 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) ( that'll work.)

Hard drive 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive ( ok then.)

Hard Drive Acceleration Cache NO mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache (?)

Office software Microsoft Office Trial ( office trial has been withdrawn by M$. office 2013 is $149.00. If you use spread sheets and word processors worth the money.)

Security software No additional security software (at least put NOD32 on it when you get it.)

Primary battery 30% off 9 cell Lithium Ion Battery ( My G7 will run for 8 hours believe it or not cruising the web or working on spreadsheets. )

Primary optical drive SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support ( good choice.)

Keyboard Backlit Keyboard ( it's cool and all that but chews up battery life like it's going out of style.)

Personalization HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated dual array digital microphone ( You do know cams can be hacked, right?)

Networking 802.11b/g/n WLAN ( Pretty much standard on laptops.)

Back
Top Bottom