connectivity problem.

wahowee

Baseband Member
hello

need help guys. for some reason my internet connection keeps getting cut off. it started to happen since last month. scenario is at first everything will be fine. i can open any sites that i want. then suddenly my chrome will just keep loading and so does the refresh button it keeps spinning but i'm stuck to a white screen same goes with the internet explorer and firefox. i don't know what seems to be causing this. everything goes back to normal after restarting my computer. but its like having to restart every 30 mins is irritating.
using win 7 - 64bit by the way.

When it's not working go to Start>Run>type CMD>in the black box type ping Website.com (where Website is the name of the site you are trying to get to when you just get the white screen). You should get 4 replies. Also try ping google.com. You should also 4 replies.

Does this happen on the same site everytime?
Have you power-cycled your modem/router?
Do you have other computers connected and if so are they having issues?
Have you called your ISP to see if they are able to help?
Are you able to go to other sites when this is happening?
How much time have you allowed when this happens?
What else might be running that could slow down browsing? Windows Updates? Antivirus Updates?

Last edited:
i notice this happens mostly when i'm youtubing.
tried restart/reset modem, to no avail. internet only comes back after restarting my computer.
don't have any other computers, my pocket PC is still able to access internet when this problem happens to my computer.
my ISP provider is giving me the run around.
no, cant surf to any site.
10 mins still cant connect, considered restart then.
i only do manual updates. no auto-updates.

my avg detected a virus in chrome folder in my drive c, dont know if thats what fixed the problem. but im not having the trouble anymore since then. if it occurs again i'll try to ping youtube or which ever site i'm on.

I say go to your router settings and refresh it and see if that works. Or you can unplug it for a few minutes and it would reset itself. That's where the problem is I bet.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Oh sorry, just now seen it worked out. Hope you don't have any more problems. :)

it happened again. i tried pinging youtube, google and other site, it can receive data from those sites, 4 lines in CMD. but google chrome only keeps spinning. i tried releasing ip and renewing to no avail.

Humor me.
Uninstall chrome. All of it.
Run ccleaner. Both the browser cleaner and the reg cleaner.
Reboot.
Download a virgin copy of chrome and install it.
Does the problem continue or has it stopped?

Back
Top Bottom