Tornadoes & Cyclones America

BK_123

Golden Master
So over the last week I've heard a lot about cyclones and tornadoes in America. I hope that members here who are in USA are ok..

What is actually the difference between a cyclone and a tornado? Or a hurricane? Are these just the same with different regional names (like typhoons in Asia) or has it something to do with their strength and size?

And yes, I hope everybody over there is safe and well.

The devastation is incredible. The kids at the school didn't stand a chance. Our thoughts and prayers are with their families.

I was watching the news coverage and its just devastating and seeing what damage has been caused. America has had so many disasters this year, Hurricanes, floods, cyclones and a tornado, In Bangladesh I think there was a tsunami.

What is actually the difference between a cyclone and a tornado? Or a hurricane? Are these just the same with different regional names (like typhoons in Asia) or has it something to do with their strength and size?

A cyclone and a hurricane are the same thing. Tornadoes are different.

I'd rather experience a cyclone or hurricane, not a tornado.

I agree. Hurricanes you know days in advance. Tornados you may get a few minutes if you're lucky.

Back
Top Bottom