Moving computer, changing to wireless

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi, couldn't work out exactly which section to put this in. I currently have my computer in my living room on my tv and through the surround system, which is nice to have all my music straight through the surround system, and obviously everything I play from the pc, but I plan to move it to the kitchen as for starters the living room isn't really big enough and it looks a little unsightly in front of the tv (the girlfriend is moaning). But to be fair she does have a point, and also as comfy as it is there, it's not ideal for gaming with a keyboard on your lap and mouse next to you on the sofa. So I have 2 questions, 1: I have always liked having a wired internet connection, but I will be forced to have a wireless connection, would a wireless network card be the best way to go? the new place for the computer is going to be about 6 meters from the router and because there is also a cupboard under the stairs there is also 2 walls inbetween. I want a good solid connection, I want it as cheap as possible but still have a good connection from that distance. 2: I would still like to have my music from my computer on the surround system, the surround system is connected to the network by ethernet, and can access files from the computer, is there a good way to have all my stuff coming through there over the network? thanks in advance for any help

What kind of router do you have?

A wireless card would be the way to go as they offer superior range and connectivity to a USB dongle.

What kind of router do you have?

A wireless card would be the way to go as they offer superior range and connectivity to a USB dongle.

It says it's a Sagem one, can't seem to see a model number, but I am with Sky, and it's adsl, as we don't get cable where we are unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom