Should I upgrade my RAM?

Gamernerd212

Baseband Member
I got A data ram that runs 1333MHZ and was wondering if it was worth it to upgrade to 1600? My intel MOBO won't support any higher. Thanks and I'm kinda new at this!

I usually get higher rated memory in case of a CPU upgrade which I did and it's still higher rated. My mems are 1600 and I went from 1066 to 1333.

Another reason for higher rated memory is it's more dependable and stable. You can go for that if you want to spend money but this is something you could've done in the first place. :)

I usually get higher rated memory in case of a CPU upgrade which I did and it's still higher rated. My mems are 1600 and I went from 1066 to 1333.

Another reason for higher rated memory is it's more dependable and stable. You can go for that if you want to spend money but this is something you could've done in the first place. :)

Okay thanks just making sure it's worth it and makes a difference when gaming

1600mhz is the way to go when buying new RAM. in these days it's only 1600 and 1866 that are the right speeds to go for.
More then 1866 and it becomes to expensive then worth. Lower then 1600 and you are wasting money because 1600 cost almost the same.

Can we get your RAM specs?
If you already have a 2x4 gig kit running at 1333mhz with CL9, it's properly not gonna be worth the money for the upgrade.
you are not really gonna see any difference. i would only do it if you have less then 6 GB.

1600mhz is the way to go when buying new RAM. in these days it's only 1600 and 1866 that are the right speeds to go for.
More then 1866 and it becomes to expensive then worth. Lower then 1600 and you are wasting money because 1600 cost almost the same.

Can we get your RAM specs?
If you already have a 2x4 gig kit running at 1333mhz with CL9, it's properly not gonna be worth the money for the upgrade.
you are not really gonna see any difference. i would only do it if you have less then 6 GB.

Thanks a lot this info helped me out a lot! I'm going ahead and upgrading to 1600mhz. It was less than 6GB so yeah thanks!

Back
Top Bottom