Ideal Overclock For Pentium 4

BK_123

Golden Master
Hi guys. I have been wanting to overclock one of my Pentium CPU's in either one of my desktop, One is a Northwood and the other is a prescott both with speeds of 2.80 GHz. What should I start off at.

If the CPU is unlocked and the bios supports over clocking, I'd try the Northwood first.
Baby steps now. P4's are easy to smoke.

So at the moment the system temp speed is hitting 14-15c max and the CPU temp speeds are hitting 34-36c max..

Last edited:
I am gonna do some more research, What do you think a good stable speed would be?

I'm probably one of the least experienced overclockers around here but I think this would be difficult to tell for even an experienced OC'er.

I've seen these P4s being pushed to 5.4Ghz before but that was extreme.

Personally being an amateur overclocker, i'd be happy getting to 3.2 / 3.4 kind of area.

But a lot depends on the options in your mobo bios

I'm probably one of the least experienced overclockers around here but I think this would be difficult to tell for even an experienced OC'er.

I've seen these P4s being pushed to 5.4Ghz before but that was extreme.

Personally being an amateur overclocker, i'd be happy getting to 3.2 / 3.4 kind of area.

But a lot depends on the options in your mobo bios

Same with me, I haven't done it before so I am doing my homework.

I would aim for 2.9 and up then see how we go.

The bios is phoenix for the Acer version 6 I think.

Those old P4s overclock like $h1t. If i'm not mistaken, the only thing you can change is the FSB.

Back
Top Bottom