Identify this Monitor output cable pls?

TheOneManCrowd

Beta member
Hey guys, Need your help!

Been trying to fix a computer I have laying around. The LCD monitor has an HDMI output that then gets attached to some kind of adapter (that combined 2 HDMI cables so you can have dual monitors) and then that single adapter connects into the tower.

This image below is the picture of the end of the adapter that connects to the tower.

Problem is that the female part of the connector inside the tower is broken so I need to order a new one so this adapter can connect into it but I can't figure out what kind of cable this adapter is? Doesn't look like HDMI or VGA.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much ahead of time!

Attachments

• 2013-05-11 22.54.45.jpg
    2013-05-11 22.54.45.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 12
It's DFP. Digital Flat Panel. It never caught on so it's format is hard to find parts for like adaptors. I'd ditch that and if the computer can handle a PCI vid card, go with that.

I believe the connector you have is this: DMS-59 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They tend to come on low profile graphics cards to enable two monitors to be used, you can plug a splitter cable in and run two monitors.

DE-H9361_wm.jpg

I believe the connector you have is this: DMS-59 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They tend to come on low profile graphics cards to enable two monitors to be used, you can plug a splitter cable in and run two monitors.

YES! That's exactly splitter cable I have. Good to know what its called. Unfortunately as the attached image will show, the female end in which I plug in the cable (on the tower) is pretty beat up and doesn't get any signal from the monitor anymore.

Is there a way I can just change the end of that input (the white input on the right side in the attached image) or do I have to change the entire video card (attached pic)?

Really appreciate all your help guys!

Attachments

• 2013-05-14 20.42.13.jpg
    2013-05-14 20.42.13.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2013-05-14 20.42.18.jpg
    2013-05-14 20.42.18.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 5
I think you would be much better off throwing a cheap graphics card in there.

I apologize for the total novice questions but

1) what sort of cheap graphics card would you recommend? I don't need a high performance card since I'll only be doing basic operations on the computer.
2) Would any graphics card work or do I have to find one specific to my computers specifications?

Not much experience purchasing computer parts so I want to make sure I don't shell out a bunch of money for a graphics card I won't be using too much.

Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom