What's going on with my Pc?

MarkyMark6290

Beta member
I've had an HP Pavilion desktop PC that I bought new in 2008. Windows Vista OS. Recently it crashed and I ended up re-cloning it with the recovery disks I had. Even after all the updates and a week of running clean, it's crashing again. No matter what I'm doing, it just freezes up, the screen goes blank for a few minutes, and then it restarts entirely, only it doesn't load the login screen. Instead it stays blank for a few minutes, then the whole displays this:

ForumRunner_20130511_183940.jpg

Shortly after, it'll restart AGAIN with a weird twist. Anyway, after safe mode, system restore, windows repair, yadayadayada, it finally restarted with this as the first screen:

ForumRunner_20130511_184333.jpg

Yeah, that's not just some streaky crap my camera picked up. That's what I saw clear as day with my own eyes.

Any ideas on what's wrong or how I can fix it? I mean, smart phones can do a lot (posting from an Android :p ) but I'm sick of not having a computer.

Sorry for the double post, but I plugged into an old Dell monitor I had laying around (actually, it was part of a ghetto-rigged dual monitor set-up I had at one point). The boot screen came up looking the same, and the login screen still didn't show up. But instead of giving me a screen with rows of dots, it just stayed blank until the computer restarted.

I'm thinking your video card gave up on life. Confirm that by testing with a new video card.

So, I don't know how to explain it, but apparently all my problems seem to have been caused by a corrupted image. As in, every time I tried re-cloning Windows Vista and starting fresh, I was re-cloning an inherently-damaged operating system. I installed Ubuntu just a little while ago, and I've had absolutely no problems....

Your video card drivers are corrupt, Each time you have cloned you drive you are copying the corrupted drivers. So you need to do a clean install of your OS.

Well, Ubuntu's been running clean for about 12 hours now with no issues :D I think the problem is solved. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom