Dual Monitor Setup

FireDust

In Runtime
Hey guys, I have a little problem here. I just upgraded my computer (I built a new one :) ) and I can't get my dual monitors to work. I've tried rebooting PC, unpluging and pluging back the cable, udating graphic software to latest, nothing worked. As I said this is new computer but Ive been using dual monitors for my older PC for like a year... so, I don't know why it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Im using:
GTX 660 Ti
First Monitor plugged into DVI-D slot on graphics card using VGA adapter (It's a older monitor), but this monitor works just fine.
Second monitor plugged into GPU directly via DVI-I cable.

Where can I do this? You know, I never done this and It worked fine on the older PC.
BTW: Both are Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit.

The easiest way is probably just to right click on the desktop and select screen resolution. Then select Monitor #2 and choose whatever settings you want/need

Ohhh, You mean this, I've already done it, the monitor "2" is not shown here for me, even though is plugged in my DVI-I slot as previously on my older PC.

My tests:
I've plugged the DVI-D cable from my monitor to my graphics card DVI-I slot, It worked, but it was only able to show the loading screen, and when It should have shown the Log-In screen, the monitor lost the signal. Any suggestions why this happend?

The login screen generally only shows up on one screen anyway. It sounds like everything is working hardware wise but it's a software setting that's not allowing the 2nd screen to display anything.

Is there software that came with your card that you can poke around in and look for setting to extend the desktop?

Nope, no software came with the Graphics card, but I installed the latest *recommended* driver for it. I will try to fix it somehow, If not, then the problem is in my graphics card...

What about enabling the 2nd monitor through the nvidia software.

Disable it first through windows, unplug it, reboot, plug it back in then open the nvidia control panel and see if doing it that way will work.

Mossiac

Is there software that came with your card that you can poke around in and look for setting to extend the desktop?

Nope, no software came with the Graphics card

What about enabling the 2nd monitor through the nvidia software.

Disable it first through windows, unplug it, reboot, plug it back in then open the nvidia control panel and see if doing it that way will work.

Mossiac

That's what I asked him to do. He said there is no software that came with it. Perhaps calling it the control panel (it's proper name) will help him understand better what I was reffering to.

Back
Top Bottom