Printer and Computer won't Communicate!

Paws

Baseband Member
Help! I'm beside myself with this problem. I have an Intrepret S405 Lexmark printer that I had hooked up and working on a Windows 8 laptop. The computer faireys came in at nite and messed up my laptop so when I laid the lid down, it would not let me sign back in but go to black screen. I went thru the steps to fix that problem and could not get it fixed, so I went to taking it back to when it was in new condition. Ok, so then I go about putting everything back in and now the printer won't connect. Now it says it cannot be used on my system. Yesterday it was saying they were not communicating. Just now when I tried it, it acted like it went thru and showed the little box showing it was printing, but when I ran to the printer it was not even turned on. Could down loading the wrong bit mess this up? The computer is 64, but I tried both 32 and 64 downloads. I also made sure I upgraded all the drivers.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this mess. :facepalm:

The issue with the computer not restarting, and going to black screen is why I restored it. That is fixed but now the printer won't go back in. It did work and was working fine before I restored the computer.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Did you ask why I bought a Lexmark? I thought it was a good one. I've used Lexmark for years and years. What brand would you recommend?
I just printed from another computer so it is not the printer but my settings somewhere. I checked my firewall, and my anti virus to make sure it wasn't blocking the printer, but they aren't....unless I've missed a firewall... now that could be..

Boy it's something small When I click print, the box comes up saying it is printing, and shows the icon, but nothing... That's not a missing driver, you think? More like a blocked firewall? Then again, if it's a blocked firewall wouldn't it notify me?

I've been using a EPSON WorkForce 845 for over a year now with NO issues what so ever. Best $150.00 bucks I ever spent. If you put the XL ink carts in it you'll change them twice a year. And I do a lot of printing. OfficeMax.

You ran to the printer? Is it USB or Network? If it's network have you rebooted the network?

I have it wireless connected, er, use to be. Still not working. I just don't understand it. It worked fine before I redid this computer, so it has to be something small I'm overlooking.. right? 0_o
Yes, rebooted the network, too.
It sounds like that EPSON is a good printer. I like this one too, and really think the problem is within this computer. I checked the firewall within the computer and the antivirus, but maybe I am missing one..what do you think?
Thanks for the help.

Ok, I did it and even tried a test page, which I don't like to do because it uses so much ink... Bravo, it worked! So I tried my own test page by writing 'test' on notepad and printing it off....same garbage.. " The computer cannot communicate with the printer"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom