Anyone use CCleaner?

techi3

In Runtime
Any reason I shouldn't use CCleaner?

I don't like the fact that i'd be trusting a program to clean up my computer, especially in the Registry.

I normally type "%temp%" from RUN and delete those files/folders and type "prefetch" and delete those as well.

I like doing things manually because I think it is fun and I like to learn. Does anyone know of any other Run commands used to clean up the computer?

I use it comes in handy and works well keeps my desktop running smooth and as they said it they ask you if you wan to back up registry.

I had a slightly bad experience with CCleaner once. I used it to clean my registry (on Windows XP) and when I rebooted, there were no accounts listed on the welcome screen. I had to reboot into safe mode and go add something back to the registry that apparently got deleted during the clean. Luckily it didn't do any real damage, but you should really know what you're doing when you use it.

I have read that cleaning the registry doesn't do much to improve performance but it can definitely be useful for cleaning out temp files.

As Setishock and Ohsnapword said a lot of members here use it and recommend people use it. I use it myself and have never experienced a problem before.

I use CCCleaner too, but it doesn't take all of the junk out. I know Easy Cleaner is outdated and cannot even be updated, but it does take the last traces off, that CCCLeaner leaves on. Just my 2cents. :)

It doesn't get everything every time. Has anyone tried the new feature where you can test uninstall something in the latest version?

Paws and every one else, run ccleaner until it finds nothing. It's not a run once and oh well.

Back
Top Bottom