Google Chrome

maiduguri

Beta member
Hi Everyone, I am a new member.

I have recently wiped my hard drive clean, then restored everything back. Prior to doing this I used Google Chrome, but since wiping my drive I cannot get it to work. I keep getting message "Not Responding".

Chrome is working well on my wife's laptop, so I uninstalled, then reinstalled Chrome but it made no difference.

Firefox & IE both work, but I really prefer Chrome, so does anyone have some suggestions as to how I can overcome this problem?

Maiduguri

Did you download the 32 or 64 bit version according to your system if you did try and remove it and reinstall

I am not sure. How can I find out? If I click on "About" in Chrome, I get 26.0.1410.64 m Do the last two numbers (64) indicate it's 64 bits? If so, then that is not the cause of chrome not responding

I had the same problem with my old computer. I installed 64Bit because I had 64Bit operating system. Then I got another problem, I kept getting messages when I started chrome like "Make this your default web browser" I clicked yes every time, but It didnt become my default browser. I went into Control Panel - Programs and Features and wanted to uninstall chrome, but it wasnt here. I didnt ever uninstall it or fix the problem because I knew im going to get a completely new computer, so I can not tell you how to fix it, but you can check if your chrome is listed in this list of programs (which BTW should have every single program installed on your PC) in control panel.

Back
Top Bottom