Need help with a printer driver.

FloydV

Solid State Member
Hi people,

I am trying to install a Brother Printer to a Dell XPS 400 running XP. I am using a USB connection.

The printer will print and I can scan via the MS scanner utility, but I cannot get the OCR, scanning, and other Brother software to communicate. I had the same problem with an HP 4 in 1 printer this one is replacing, so I suspect it is my computer that is at fault.

The Brother troubleshooting said to check the Intel PCI to USB enhanced Host Controller driver and see if it is 5.1.200.41 and it is not. It is 5.1.2600.5512. As instructed, I ran the automatic update driver and the message I get is that the software can't find a better match for my driver. So, I'm kind of stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Floyd

You have the current version then. OCR won't run on just any machine. It is resource intensive and as twitchy as they come.
Unplug the printer from the computer and uninstall all of the software. Run CCleaner's reg cleaner to get rid of the trash left behind by the uninstaller program.
With the printer disconnected install the complete software package. Only plug in the printer when the installer program tells you to.
I do all mine like that and don't have any problems.

You have the current version then. OCR won't run on just any machine. It is resource intensive and as twitchy as they come.
Unplug the printer from the computer and uninstall all of the software. Run CCleaner's reg cleaner to get rid of the trash left behind by the uninstaller program.
With the printer disconnected install the complete software package. Only plug in the printer when the installer program tells you to.
I do all mine like that and don't have any problems.
Thank you for the info.

Back
Top Bottom