Problems with HP G62 Notebook

Edita11

Beta member
Hi Everyone,

I have bought this laptop now a little more than 2 years ago (have 3yrs warranty). It started giving me trouble (overheating and getting slow) in October last year, so I called Dick Smith and they told me to call Notebook Solutions who repair computers that are on warranty for them. So Notebook Solutions told that this was just the dust on fan causing it and they said it's not under warranty to clean it so I was charged $100 and got my laptop back.

The laptop was a little better (for maybe 2 weeks) but then started getting slower and slower, I was unable to watch any movies or browse Internet without freezing. So I called the Notebook Solutions again and they then found that it was the Hard drive issue so they replaced it free of cost in December last year. Then the laptop was fine except that the time in the laptop was frozen so they took it back in to fix it.

Now the laptop again started freezing in the same manner as it was last year, I can't watch any movies or anything online, it's really slow and overheating (if I lift the laptop in the air it runs better but on a table it slows down). Now the last thing that happened yesterday was a warning message saying that the machine is slow, please close down the programs. However it worked ok (in it's slow manner) but when I started it today it was configuring for few minutes and then my desktop was blank, half of the programs were disappeared including all documents...

I called Notebook solutions today and they say it looks like a virus so again the warranty won't cover the repairs. I am not so sure what it is, yes, it could be a virus though I don't go to crappy websites or follow weird links.

Please give me any advice on what could be wrong and how to deal with the repairers, I was hoping they could refund the money as per the policy or exchange to a new laptop as they have already been repairing it 3 times and thus I was sitting without laptop for over a month, now I have assignments due, I can't afford my laptop to sit in repairs for 2 weeks...

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom