something is wrong with my pc

Looks like the video card is dying. That'd cause issues with the driver (thus the blue-screen) and the pattern you're seeing on the screen. If the video card is an add-on (plugged into a slot) try removing it and using the on-board video and see if that fixes your problem. Also take a look and see if any of the capacitors on the video card have burst or are bulging up at the top as that is a sign of a failing card.

I replaced the battery. i unplugged my video card and couldn't see any burned out capacitors.

is there some sort of test I can do with my computer to see if my card is malfunctioning?

and secondly there's a spot on my mother board that I noticed is heating up really fast , like a minute after you turn it on its hot to the touch.

red paint.jpg

I replaced the battery. i unplugged my video card and couldn't see any burned out capacitors.

is there some sort of test I can do with my computer to see if my card is malfunctioning?

and secondly there's a spot on my mother board that I noticed is heating up really fast , like a minute after you turn it on its hot to the touch.

View attachment 1110

Yes, I would do a temp test on it whilst putting a heavy load on it. If that is clear install the drivers for that model of gpu

How much ventilation do you have in that case. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced it's an over heating issue. I had a case the rail the fans were on died. It got zip air flow and killed the vid card before the CPU shut off the system.

Your Grapics card is dying, take it completely apart, remove all fans and connectors and pop it in the oven at 200 degrees F for 10 minutes. For a more detailed step by step, google "How to bake a Graphic card".

This is not a joke, this really works. 9/10 it a small solder connection has come loose due to heat, the oven will gently melt the solder and make a better connection. No more than 200 F though, not "C" can't emphasize that enough, and no longer than 10 minutes.

I have had this happen many times with an 8800 GTS, it will not work forever but you can do it several times, enough to get you by until you can get a new one.

EDIT: of course if its still under warranty, then go with that first lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom