Dual Monitor problems

Maxwell1

Solid State Member
Hi,

I'm trying to set my computer up with dual monitors but having problems..

I have a Nvidia GT 440 graphics card with DVI and HD outputs. The two monitors im trying to use are a 26" HD TV (that i have previously used on its own) and a ~19" normal monitor that i am currently using.

The 19" monitor has a nice display at 1440 x 900.

When i connect the HD TV the other monitor goes off and i get a message on the HD TV saying that the screen resolution settings need to be changed to 1360x768.

So i disconnect the HD TV, and the 19" monitor comes to life. Here i change the 19" monitor to Screen1 because thats what i need, but when i try to change the resolution settings of the HD TV i cannot select a 1360x768 option which it requests.

Whatever the configuration, when i turn the HD TV on the other monitor goes off, and it always displays that message. Even when i disconnect the DVI monitor and plug in the HD TV i still get the same message.. Even though i used this monitor absolutely fine before i plugged in the 19" one.

I hope you understand what im trying to say lol, and that you can help me with this!

Thanks,

Max

I've had problems with plugging in HDMI directly on more than one computer. Like Setishock said, get an adapter for HDMI to DVI. That might solve your problems.

Back
Top Bottom