100% usage of CPU when using Google Chome

DogSong

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I have a Pentium 915 D @ 2.8 GHz, and whenever I start using google chrome, my CPU starts being used at 100% and my computer slows down. Should I change to Firefox, or will it not change anything?

What extensions do you have? I use Chrome with a bunch of extensions and it uses almost no CPU. uses a ton of RAM on the other hand but when you have 16GB, that sort of thing isn't a problem.

Try disabling any plugins then try again - it's more likely to be a plugin causing the issue rather than Chrome itself.

2 GB, but my system never uses both gigs, and what plugins do you want me to disable? I only have one plugin, and it's Battlefield Play4Free

All the plugins / extensions to start with. If it works fine, then you can re-enable them 1 by 1 to see which is causing the issue.

All the plugins / extensions to start with. If it works fine, then you can re-enable them 1 by 1 to see which is causing the issue.

You're gonna have to tell me where the extensions and plugins are because I'm used to Firefox and safari :/

Just run Chrome with the --disable-extensions flag to start with which should do the trick.

I plan on putting in more ram, 4GB to be exact, and I found that Chrome only has two Extensions.... One for AVAST Web Site or whatever, and the other I don't remember

Back
Top Bottom