Do You Think Kids Should Have Smartphones?

Do You Think Kids Should Have Smartphones?

• Total voters
I think I'd let my kids have one, but based on trust - and if they abused that trust (i.e. used it in school instead of doing work, that sort of thing) then it'd get taken away. Simple as.

I voted no, kids should have a basic phone, but then I'm a parent. I don't own one and I don't plan to own one. The phones may be getting smarter, but the majority of people using them aren't.

I say no phone, and if they keep trying to persuade you get them one of those which you can only dial the contacts you assign.

I didn't get my first smartphone until I was probably 14-15

Smart phones weren't even invented when I was 14 or 15.

my first mobile phone was given to me by my parents, it was a Motorola MR30.

and I am now 17 and have an iPhone, I didn't get my first basic phone until I was 11-12. I have probably gone through nearly 8 basic phones and 2-3 cheap android smartphones and I have had my iPhone for for nearly 6-7 months and I have that many cases for it and other accessory's.
You've gone through 11 phones inside of 5 years? and you get a new phone case every month??

well I got my first phone when I went to secondary school . That was when I started making the journey to school and coming back from school on my own so my parents decided I needed a phone then so that I could contact them in an emergency/let them know if I was coming straight home or was going to a friends house etc so they wouldn't worry that I wasn't home when I was supposed to be .

good grief, I started making the (admittedly only 1 mile long) journey to school with only my brother, (1 year older) when I was in year 3 or year 4 at school so was less than 10, (possibly only 7 or 8) this happened without the use of a phone.

with regards going to friends houses after school this was always either agreed in advance, or I would use a payphone to call my parents, or would go home and get permission first, and then go back out.

I'd provide a child with a basic phone, If I felt that they absolutely needed one for their security or ease of life.

however it wouldn't be a smart phone.

If they want to play on facebook etc, then I'd rather that they did that at home, using a proper computer, or a larger tablet device.

If you dumb enough to give one to a young immature child then you are dumb enough to let your child to be exploited by cyber fiends/companies.

The possibility is there to happen.

Smart phones weren't even invented when I was 14 or 15.

my first mobile phone was given to me by my parents, it was a Motorola MR30.

You've gone through 11 phones inside of 5 years? and you get a new phone case every month??

Well I didn't just break it and get a new one, I would get a lot of hand me downs. Well not every month, Whenever I feel like a change I change to one I already have or hunt around eBay.

Back
Top Bottom