ASUS Computer locked

wais

Beta member
I purchased an ASUS CM-6870 system that had Windows 8 installed, I wanted to upgrade to Windows 8 pro. After installing the CD and going through the process, I received an error that it could not upgrade. I called the ASUS support line and after a few tries and changes to the bios my system no longer boots up not even to the original windows 8 that was on it. The support line wants me to send the system in so they can take a look and I have to pay my own shipping and it will waste a lot of time. They were no help at all not only did they screw my system up they want me to wait. I bought another system thinking maybe it was the unit that had the problem but I got the same issues with that one.

Sounds to me that you screwed your own system up. If you have a dvd of the original operating system you could use something like killdisk or wipe drive to clean your hard drive and then put the operating system back on. That will fix your bios problem as well. This would stop you from going back to original factory condition but if you ask asus for a disk of this I'me sure they will sell you one for a small fee.

Sometimes an upgrade goes sour. It's always best to take the opportunity and do a fresh clean install. Gets rid of all the old garbage.
Always make a back up of the things you want to keep and go for it.

Back
Top Bottom