Win 7 To Win XP

Jack772

Beta member
I have an old laptop that has a Window 7 OS. I would like to replace it with
Windows XP.
I have tried to do this but the computer will not let me.
Will someone please tell me how to do it.
Thanks,
Jack

Tell me, what have you tried? Tell me in order what you have done.... Such as are you using an XP disk or a bootable flashdrive.... Or would you rather use the built in version of XP in windows 7?

You can go forward but not backwards. To go from win7 backwards to xp, you have to wipe the drive and start over.

Boot into the disc and format the drive and do a clean install. But why would you downgrade to XP from a superior OS (Windows 7)? XP has outlived it's lifetime, let it die. :p

XP mode is only in 7 Pro and Ultimate. You can install Oracle VirtualBox and run XP in virtual on Home Premium if you need to, which is the same idea as XP mode. If you need XP for a program, that's the way to go. Keep Windows 7.

Last edited:
Win 7 will require more memory to run good like >2Gb, but XP can run pretty decent on 1 Gb. If its a low end laptop then yeah go with XP.

If its just for surfing the internet, email etc then why not put something like Ubuntu on it. You could just use the Ubuntu live disc to see if everything works ok.

Do not replace it! Windows 7 is better! XP is not as user friendly as windows 7!
If I have errors in message - I don't know english well!

If you have a full install of both you can install either one. The only reason I'd choose XP if it's a older laptop. But even then I'd probably install Linux instead if it's that old, and it's lighter than XP anyway. If it's something like 512MB of RAM or less then a good idea.

Jack before you do anything download Magic Jelly Bean and get the win7 key off that install. If you have a key that is legit all you have to do is borrow a disc from one of your buds and install it elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom