Parts needed for liquid cooling GPU/CPU

jonah876

Solid State Member
Hello! I'm planning on building a PC near the end of this year (saving up starting now), and I came to the conclusion that liquid cooling my GPU and my CPU would be very effective (I will be overclocking as high as I can get).
I don't know much about liquid cooling systems, this is my first custom desktop build, and my budget for all the parts for liquid cooling is about $200.

So what I was wondering, is what all the parts I will need for water cooling my CPU/GPU, how much they will all cost and if they'll fit in my case.

My part list is below (Numbers before them are the prices on newegg):
230 Intel Core i5-3570K CPU
100 ASRock Z77 Pro3 Motherboard
290 GeForce 660 Ti 2GB Graphics Card
35 4 GB (4x1) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 RAM (or 8x1)
65 Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
60 Intel 525 Series Lincoln Crest 30GB SSD
120 Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W Modular PSU
50 NZXT Source 220 Case

I am looking to get excess of 1200Mhz on the GPU and at least 4.5Ghz on the CPU.
I will be doing video editing, simple 3D rendering, and a lot of gaming mostly in first person shooters.

i can't help you much with a full water cooling system.
but have you considerd a simi water cooler, like the hydro H80?
you can also get a 3-party cooler for the graphic card if you want to overclock it to the extreme.

i can't help you much with a full water cooling system.
but have you considerd a simi water cooler, like the hydro H80?
you can also get a 3-party cooler for the graphic card if you want to overclock it to the extreme.

I was planning on getting the H80 for my CPU, but then I wanted to OC my GPU as well. Could you reccomend any good third party coolers for the 660ti?

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Thanks! I'll check that out later!

$200 will not get you a custom loop. If you are looking to cool both cpu and gpu your price will be between $400-$500. You need radiators,pump,reservoir,cpu block,gpu,block,fans,fittings,tubing,coolant. Just the pump and cpu block alone will be close to $200.For your cooling budget I suggest high end air cooling.

Watercooling can cost a lot of money. I looked into it, and good air can be better than cheap water cooling. The all in one cheaper units aren't that great, for similar price a good air cooler would out perform it. ie corsair H60 versus Noctua D14..the D14 cools better.

Back
Top Bottom