Random Chit Chat

Watch it. It's like real-life Rockem' Sockem' Robots (for any that are old enough or American enough to know what that is..:rofl:)

Hello all, haven't been here for a long time. How's everybody? Haven't signed in since 09-24-2012, lol.

Anyone have opinions about Plasmas with rectangular pixels? I just bought a Samsung 51" PN51E490B4F for $377 new. It comes with 3D glasses and uses active 3D, which I thought was kinda a plus. However, the native resolution is 1024x768. That's a 4:3 resolution. However, since it's using rectangular pixels instead of square ones, it becomes 16:9. Think this was a good deal? Thoughts? Comments?

Hey! Haven't seen you in a really long time.

That pricing seems about right to me. You definitely didn't get away with a huge bargain, but you didn't overpay either. Personally, I hate those big TVs with such tiny resolutions. I can always clearly make out the pixels from a normal viewing distance, and there are going to be issues with scaling. It's going to be terrible if you like to use a HTPC. My advice would be to bring it back (I assume you still can, given the question) and buy a smaller 1080p one. You can get some awesome deals if you look for floor models, refurbished, scratch and dent, etc. I got my 47" vizio for $380 a couple years back at Sam's (floor model) and have seen a few others for similar prices since then. I wouldn't count on a 3D one for that cheap though. If you need 3D, you'll have to stay with this, go way smaller, or expand your budget.

Ultimately, it's up to you though. If you're happy with it then that's all that really matters.

So, I was just flipping channels, and it seems we get the propane channel. It's like one giant advertisement for propane. Can anyone explain this? It's such a bizarre thing to dedicate a channel to.

So, I was just flipping channels, and it seems we get the propane channel. It's like one giant advertisement for propane. Can anyone explain this? It's such a bizarre thing to dedicate a channel to.

attachment.php

:)

Back
Top Bottom