Help with Microsoft Word

hairscrambler

Beta member
Hi all new to the board and a friend told me to ask for help. Somehow all my word documents (word 2000) that I have saved are trying to open in microsoft office 2007. How can I change this back so they open with word 2000 ? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Larry:)

I'm confused why you would want to keep using Office 2000? Why not just let them open in 2007 and go with it that way?

But regardless, either open Office 2000 and then click File>Open>and fine your Document
Or
Right-click on the document>choose Open With>Click Choose Default Program>Find Office 2000 and put a check mark in 'Always use the selected program to open these file types'.

Awesonme guys, problem solved :trash: jmacavali I only have the trial version installed of office 2007. Do I have to purchase the full version or can I get it for free ? Thanks again for the help fellas and quick responces.:)

You can't get Office 2007 for free (at least not legally) but you could give the free, open source software called LibreOffice a try. It can read/write Office compatible files so you could still share your files with others using ms word, ms excel, etc...

You have to puchase the full version. But at this point I'd suggest getting Office 2010 (and 2013 should be out or out soon).

Back
Top Bottom