Need advise on 3D tv!

Replicators

Beta member
I got a choice to get http://www6.rentacenter.com/rent/electronics/televisions/led-tvs/vizio-70-razor-led-smart-tv#.UXc7CsrsHqk which i would prefer since its 70 inch, but it does have a 120 hz refresh rate, or should i get a labeled 3d tv for better 3d? Like Rent Electronics LG 55" LED LCD Cinema 3D TV | RentACenter.com

Since it will be connected to my pc directly, i can have my pc do the 3D rendering, however i wonder about the type of 3D i would use for 120 hz. I am kind of new for 3D, and wonder what kind of glasses would i need if i got the 70 inch, and the best type of 3D to use.

I've recently bought a 3D tv, It costs alot more than I thought, I bought the TV (Samsung) for arround £1400, 55inch, then I found out that they dont come with glasses, RRP £50 Each, I got 2pairs, Then you have to buy a 3D DVD player so they play the disks, Arround £100-£130 so overall it cost me alot more than i expected.

The quality is great, and the 3D is good, only thing that annoys me is that after a while and the first 5 Mins you've got the glasses on you get small headaches, but that soon goes away and you forget that there on.

All i want to know is can i still achieve the quality of 3D with the 70 inch? My pc will do the 3D rendering, don't need the tv to do it. I am just wondering what i would need in order to get 3D from the 70 inch, and i don't want to use the red/cyan.

I would have said the bigger the better. Having said that not sure if you would lose any quality.

Mossiac

You haven't said anything about picture quality....

if this is for movies I'd recommend a plasma. Had LCD and they're ok but plasma does it better, motion, colours, viewing angle, black level.

Do you even like 3D? What is your viewing distance?

All i want to know is can i still achieve the quality of 3D with the 70 inch? My pc will do the 3D rendering, don't need the tv to do it. I am just wondering what i would need in order to get 3D from the 70 inch, and i don't want to use the red/cyan.

the tv must have polarization 3D to do that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom