Wifi hard drive

Acar25

Beta member
Hello computer forums,
I am looking for an external hard drive i can use on my xbox. I want a hard drive that connects to the xbox by usb but that i can upload files to via wifi or bluetooth. Is there something like this or where can i find this?

I want to be able to upload movie files, pictures and music from my laptop to the hard drive and use on my xbox.

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
That's an awesome find BK. I would have said it didn't exist. However, not sure how well it will work with an XBox since it talks about needing the app on the tablets.

That's an awesome find BK. I would have said it didn't exist. However, not sure how well it will work with an XBox since it talks about needing the app on the tablets.

I know right, It's something I would defiantly buy, Technology these days is amazing.

I have the Seagate Wireless Plus drive and I believe it will do what you are asking but, just so you know, if it is connected via USB to your xbox then you can't also connect to it at the same time via wifi.

You should be able to connect via wifi from your laptop to copy files to it, then connect it via USB to your xbox to use them. I don't see any advantage to doing it that way since USB transfer is faster than wifi so you may as well connect via USB to your laptop, copy the files, then connect to your xbox.

Kingston also makes a similar product, Kingston W-drive. They are smaller in capacity but use solid state memory instead of a spinner.

You can use an app to access it from iOS or Android but it is also accessible from a device with a browser.

I use mine to carry movies with me that I can access via my Android phone or Android tablet, it works great for that and gives me 1TB of storage.

Last edited:
I take and copy my movies and anime off my computer and load them on the 500gig external drive. If I get more movies and what not, I take the drive off the TV and add them. Then put it back on the TV.

Another way is to get a router that has a port for a shared USB hard drive. Then you just set it to share the drive with the game gizmo. And the bonus is you can share the drive contents with other wireless or hard wired devices. I'm looking in to one as soon as I get settled in my new digs.

Setishock, can you upload stuff to the hard drive connected to the router? I have a router i can do that with as well as an external hard drive.

Setishock, can you upload stuff to the hard drive connected to the router? I have a router i can do that with as well as an external hard drive.

If its connected to the router via USB than you should be able to view, copy and paste files to the computer and send files to the router, It will take a bit longer as connection won't be as fast. Also if you have both windows and mac computers than if the drives formatted to windows, only windows computers will be able to see it and not the mac users.

I ordered the TP-Link WDR4300 this morning on an over night delivery deal. Should be here Friday afternoon. I'll be reviewing it after I've played with it this week end.

Back
Top Bottom