Budget Build for a Friend

here2learn1

Solid State Member
Just looking to get some opinions here, I am a bit out of date with current hardware so I figured I'd ask around.

I'm looking to build a budget box for a buddy for primarily gaming. He doesn't have an interest in having amazing graphics(read:cheapass) and just wants something to screw around with medium graphics on MMO's etc

Here's what I've put together:

CPU: i5-3350P @3.1GHz ( Intel Core i5-3350P Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 69W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80637i53350P - Newegg.com )

MOBO: ASRock 275 ( ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com )

GFX: HD7750 1GB ( SAPPHIRE 100357LP Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card - Newegg.com )

RAM: G.Skill 8gb @1600 ( G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL - Newegg.com )

Heatsink: Zalman ( ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Newegg.com )

I've got a box, HD, Drive etc already chosen just wanting opinions on the above.

Thanks!!

You might want to have a look at Newegg's DIY kits. They've already lined up compatible parts for you. Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! - Newegg.com
How far you want to go depends on how much you want to spend.

Wow, thanks for the heads up- I've never seen that section before.

However, while they provide better RAM and a few other bells my complete build including everything(except OS) comes in at less than those kits- the i5 kits at least.

I'm looking into the mobo suggested above, I've never used ASRock and would feel more comfortable with Gigabyte or Asus(preferably)

Otherwise, I'm not too concerned about the CPu speed as I'll OC it and with that awesome heatsink I'm sure I can pull a good amount out of it.

I've got an i7 sandy that originally came at 2.3(I believe) and it's been running @4.2GHz since Summer 09 on air cooling with zero issues.

Tigerdirect.com also has a similar section. It's called barebones kits or something like that.

No issues except drastically shortening the life span ;)

Back
Top Bottom