Boston Bomb Explosions

It's frustrating that the media felt the need to inform us that the police searched the apartment building that rented an apartment to an Arab. Why bring up the fact that the guy is an Arab? That only promotes racism and prejudice.

It seems that when there is a bomb involved, everyone is like "find the Arab guy, he did it!"

Police in Watertown, Mass., reportedly were in a gun battle with two suspects who may have been involved in the shooting death of an MIT police officer early Friday.
Local news reports said the suspects had thrown and detonated explosives from their car.

source

They're throwing explosives. It's not possible to know for sure yet, but some sources are saying they're related to the bombings somehow.

EDIT: livestream

They're saying one suspect was killed in the gunfire, the other is on the run.

Another edit: The guy on this stream is confirming that these are the marathon bombing suspects. Take this with a grain of salt, but he's saying his sources are people involved in the investigation.

"A pressure cooker was found on the scene"

Last edited:
_67102030_suspects_duo_464.jpg

They're now reporting that the black hat suspect is dead, and the white hat one is on the run.

BPD scanner has identified the names : Suspect 1: Mike Mulugeta Suspect 2: Sunil Tripathi

From @ghughesca on twitter. They've been following the police scanner all night, so this might be legitimate. Nobody else is confirming it though.

EDIT: He's apparently holed up in a commercial building now.

Last edited:
_67102030_suspects_duo_464.jpg

They're now reporting that the black hat suspect is dead, and the white hat one is on the run.

From @ghughesca on twitter. They've been following the police scanner all night, so this might be legitimate. Nobody else is confirming it though.

EDIT: He's apparently holed up in a commercial building now.

I hope they are the persons responsible for this in the first place and get arrested and jailed.

I hope they are the persons responsible for this in the first place and get arrested and jailed.

I doubt it. The first was already killed in a gunfight, and I expect the second will go the same way. They clearly have no intention to be taken alive.

They're reporting now that both suspects are from Turkey, but have been legal residents of the US for at least a year.

EDIT: Someone else is saying they're from Russia now. Guess we'll have to wait for an official statement to know.

@JpDeathBlade is following the police scanner.

Apparently the two suspects are brothers and the media have an identity for the suspect on the run. Dzhokar Tsarnaev, originally from Russia, but they lived in turkey for a while before coming to the US, so it looks like both reports were correct. This may not be correct though, as there has been a lot of misinformation reported tonight. EDIT: They're from Chechnya.

Last edited:
The police are saying that the first suspect was wearing an explosive vest, and they expect the second one to be as well.

EDIT: looks like that name was correct.

Okay, lots of things happening, so I'll just keep updating with timestamps. This is pretty fascinating to me.

8:35 The scanner is going crazy now. Apparently there's a man in a black hoodie running through yards. They're calling in tactical teams now.
8:42 Now they're requesting a battering ram.
8:45 Calling for bomb disposal. Sounds like they're inside a house. There's so much going on, it's hard to make things out. EDIT: sounds like there was an explosion inside the house.
9:00 He apparently said "I will kill all of you as you killed my brother" on facebook EDIT: It's not clear where he posted this. They're just saying online.
9:04 Suspicious person wearing a backpack inside a pharmaceutical (?) building
9:06 Man in black hoodie spotted in a backyard using a laptop.
9:16 Not a ton going on now. they're planning to go investigate a few buildings

Last edited:
Black hoodie guy was a photographer who somehow got through the perimeter, and he was emailing photos to someone. Not the suspect.

Also it seems that online post mentioned earlier was fake.

Now it's being reported that the suspect might be in Connecticut in a stolen CR-V. i'm kinda lost at this point. The stream keeps going in and out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom