Cheap chinese tablets?

berry120

Fully Optimized
Has anyone any experience / thoughts on the cheap chinese Android tablets that have started to emerge? The price is at the point where I've grabbed one that looks decent spec wise just for the heck of it (7" Sanei N78 for £50 when I got it) but wondered if anyone had any thoughts or experience doing the same.

Not expecting the battery life or build quality to be great at all, but other than that the specs look, well quite ok really! There's cheaper ones available down to ~£35 that I found, but beyond that point the specs seem to drop off dramatically.

My roommate (from China) has one he got a few months ago. His mom mailed it directly from China, so I'm not sure if it's better/worse than the ones that are being sold outside of China. Anyway, it's junk. I used it once to read a PDF of a textbook I have, and it would freeze up, crash. I ended up using my phone (Android also, EVO LTE 4g) to read it instead and it worked much better.

My mother got one some time back to use as an ebook reader (this was before there were any backlit ones) and it's definitely junk as a tablet. It did work okay for the sole purpose of reading books though.

Do these cheap tablets have access to the Google Play store?

Often the screen quality is sacrificed in order to reduce the build cost. For instance, the Sanei N78 has a screen resolution of 1024x600 while a Nexus 7 tablet has a resolution of 1280x800.

Why do people presume every thing is cheap junk from China?

Majority of electrical/electronic/PC parts are manufactured in china which is high quality & yes there is cheap inferior parts also.

If & when you do open up your PC's or other electronic items you might be surprised to see where it was actually manufactured.

Last edited:
Do these cheap tablets have access to the Google Play store?

Often the screen quality is sacrificed in order to reduce the build cost. For instance, the Sanei N78 has a screen resolution of 1024x600 while a Nexus 7 tablet has a resolution of 1280x800.

For the price difference, I can live with the slightly decreased resolution - and yup, since it's on Android it will (at least I presume!) have access to the play store.

Why do people presume every thing is cheap junk from China?

Majority of electrical/electronic/PC parts are manufactured in china which is high quality & yes there is cheap inferior parts also.

If & when you do open up your PC's or other electronic items you might be surprised to see where it was actually manufactured.
I'm sure you've heard the saying, "you get what you pay for?" It applies here. Sure, quality electronics come from China. But they cost more. The cheap things tend to be junk because they are so cheap.

In the car world we say, "Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Choose any two."

For the price difference, I can live with the slightly decreased resolution - and yup, since it's on Android it will (at least I presume!) have access to the play store.

It probably won't. Google has some licensing requirements that have to be met to be able to preinstall the play store. The manufacturers of these ultra cheap tablets don't care enough about their devices to go out of their way to meet them, so they usually end up coming with some really terrible third party market installed. You can generally just copy the apk over from another device with the same android version and have it work though.

It probably won't. Google has some licensing requirements that have to be met to be able to preinstall the play store. The manufacturers of these ultra cheap tablets don't care enough about their devices to go out of their way to meet them, so they usually end up coming with some really terrible third party market installed. You can generally just copy the apk over from another device with the same android version and have it work though.

Or just download the APK and do it manually like installing a normal app, Either way it should work..

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I had one of those pendo pads, I hate everyone second of using it, The only thing I liked using it for was Facebook and browsing the web and listening to music and watching videos. You could not install any good apps as it had a very early version of the android market. After going through 2 of them one gotten thrown and the screen was smashed, The other one was in my bag and the screen cracked.

Back
Top Bottom