Hacking through network

LawnBranch

Solid State Member
Can someone hack in my iPhone if I download stuff,getting in Facebook?

And is that possible that someone can hack in my computer if I play online games without getting in websites? (like games and stuff...)

Ty

Just keep your iPhone up to date. If you jailbreak it, make sure you secure it.

As long as your PC has a firewall and an antivirus, you shouldn't have a problem.

The idea of hacking, by its definition, is to explore systematic design (not limited to computers) more than what they are intended for. Because of this definition, response to your question has to be an educated guess in probability.

iPhone is unlikely to be exploited to the extent of losing control of your phone if you do not JB. PC, on the other hand, depend on a lot more circumstances (usually related to user behaviour and mentality) because in general, users are given more control.

It is very easy to access information on an iphone if you install software. There is not a trusted publisher feature or firewall that comes with the iphone to stop me from accessing your sms history, call history, and many more with the aid of an install.

The fact is that it is too easy to become a hacker and take advantage of new technology because its just that, new technology.

People think hacking takes some well knowledgeable tech freak to break into a computer or give it a virus and this is just wrong.

It is very easy to access information on an iphone if you install software. There is not a trusted publisher feature or firewall that comes with the iphone to stop me from accessing your sms history, call history, and many more with the aid of an install.
JB'd iPhone maybe. This is simply not true for iPhone in its default state.

you don't need to modify the OS to access information on the phone like SMS data and history. IOS applications or "apps" can do this very easily. Ok, granted a jailbreak would help record the phone calls and access the camera but SMS and call history is open season.

you don't need to modify the OS to access information on the phone like SMS data and history. IOS applications or "apps" can do this very easily. Ok, granted a jailbreak would help record the phone calls and access the camera but SMS and call history is open season.
This is inaccurate. I'd like to read up on this, if you are willing to provide more concrete information.

For iPhone in its default state, contact data is only made available when provided explicit permission by the user. Call logs and SMS data are not accessible at all, but the functions that call for call logs and SMS data can be repackaged and replicated to a certain degree -- this is done without actually fetching or mining call logs or SMS data.

"Copy emails, documents, web pages, PDF files, and more; paste them into Speak it!, and have the text spoken back to you..." This is from the Details page of the app. I did not download it.

In any case, (going back to the topic...) this is very far from hacking. Hacking is finding new ways to use or achieving new results with existing tools, outside the intended design or outcome of the tools. To accomplish this, a hacker needs: a.) enough knowledge with the tools and b.) enough creativity to not be limited by existing tools. So knowledge does have a part here, and not a small part. :)

Back
Top Bottom