How long should a motherboard driver install take?

CBJ023

Baseband Member
Just built my PC installed Vista and am now installing the Motherboard drivers how long should this take? The 660 drivers didn't take long (Under 30mins) On the other OS the motherboard drivers have been installing from the dvd from about 1- 1.5hrs. now is this normal

No driver should ever take more than 5 minutes to install, unless you're counting time to download the installer from the internet. If you're installing off of a disk it's possible the drive is having problems reading the disk in which case you could just go online and get newer drivers and install those.

Hasn't installed nearing 4hrs. the GTX installed fine on XP before I installed Vista (Had to boot in safe mode on XP was still running on old drivers

That's not normal... Since you just installed Vista, I'd say cut your losses on time and just try doing it all again, starting with a new install of Vista. 30 minutes for a video drive and now 4+ hours for motherboard is not right.

Yea Vista was a fresh install, but I tried to restart it and after saying logging off for 15mins I just held the power button today I'll attempt the motherboard drivers again and just try one by one

Back
Top Bottom