Will installing a new OS remove old drivers?

CBJ023

Baseband Member
Ok so I just built my PC and have the harddrive from the old computer in it for now. It won't boot because I didn't reinstall the OS. Now if I install a new OS will it remove all the old drivers? I'll be replacing XP 32 but which doesn't work because I don't have the install disk with Vista 32-bit ( I know its bad but I want to test my build and I can't get the new HDD and Win. 7 for months) So when I install Vista can I then go n and install all my drivers? Right now XP won't even boot and work work because I dont have the disk for it.

It won't keep the old drivers, If you select the upgrade option (If your going from 32bit to 32bit) it will keep program's, files, you don't want to do that, a clean install is always best..

How do I do a clean install using the same HDD? I'd like to remove everything it was reformatted not too long ago and I haven't used it only installed chrome and updated the Flash player, but can I do a fresh install without being able to boot? I can use the BIOS

A clean install is where you format the hard drive and everything is deleted off it completely, You can do that when you boot into the install disk and where it asks you what drive to install it on.

Back
Top Bottom