Problem installing Office

andy1027

In Runtime
Hi there.

When installing Office 2003 I get this message.

Snapshot.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqpsykpo08lpfwx/Snapshot.png

It worked on this PC before, but I then removed it. But I had to use Windows Install CleanUp to do so as it was coming up with the same type of messages.

I have tried to change the permissions of the appropriate registry keys, but it does not allow me to do this. It comes up saying "access denied..."

I dont know what to do

PLEASE HELP :) THANKS.

have you tried to change the ownership for the folder the Regkey is located in?
right click on the folder -> permissions -> Advance -> owner
your user name must be there, else you can't change anything in the folder.

btw:
have you tried Google Drive. it has it's own online version of office.
it works very well. i switched to Drive 1 hour after trying Drive. check it out.
it can also read MS Office documents. so no issue there.

have you tried to change the ownership for the folder the Regkey is located in?
right click on the folder -> permissions -> Advance -> owner
your user name must be there, else you can't change anything in the folder.

btw:
have you tried Google Drive. it has it's own online version of office.
it works very well. i switched to Drive 1 hour after trying Drive. check it out.
it can also read MS Office documents. so no issue there.

Yes I did try the take ownership thing but I ran this on my program files x86 folder. How can I run this on the appropriate registry keys?

Let's say you want to change a value in the key (default) but you don't have the permission.
You will in this case have to take ownership over the RegFolder called "Class"

upperfilters-lowerfilters-5.jpg

Most of the time software when uninstalled leaves behind reg keys and other assorted fallout. Seeing as Office is a purchase to use program you have to clean out the old reg keys first. It keeps seeing the old keys and as you see, it's pitching a hissy.
Auslogic has a good reg cleaner. CCleaner has a decent one also.
Try that then reinstall Office. If no joy then your best bet is to contact M$ Office support.

Let's say you want to change a value in the key (default) but you don't have the permission.

Most of the time software when uninstalled leaves behind reg keys and other assorted fallout. Seeing as Office is a purchase to use program you have to clean out the old reg keys first. It keeps seeing the old keys and as you see, it's pitching a hissy.
Auslogic has a good reg cleaner. CCleaner has a decent one also.
Try that then reinstall Office. If no joy then your best bet is to contact M$ Office support.

Thanks guys for the replies. I'll do these when I get a moment. When I do I'll get back to you. Thanks again.

Hi. I went into my registry and right clicked on "class" and set the permissions for the owner to complete control. I clicked ok to apply these settings, everything seemed to work fine. However when I went back to check the settings had really been applied, it was as if I had never set them... The stuff that I had changed had been ignored by the system.

Back
Top Bottom