Random Chit Chat

I've done variations of a few of those. Messing with someone's keyboard layout is fun, but dvorak is way too obvious. If you're gonna use a preset one, go with azerty. Most of the keys are still the same as qwerty, so it'll be a lot more confusing. I prefer switching two adjacent keys though. This way will take longer to figure out, and will cause lots of typoes before getting noticed if they don't look at the screen when typing.

My favorite prank is to add another hard drive, install windows 95 on it, then set it as default in the bios's boot menu. Then make a fake upgrade notification (set as a startup program, of course) stating that due to a vulnerability, they've been temporarily rolled back to a previous version of windows, and itshould be resolved shortly. Then wait a day or two and change back to the original hard drive. You can use separate partitons instead of individual drives if it's a laptop, but I prefer not to risk actually messing up their system.

Last edited:
So today at my course I am running a virtual and machine on my practical use machine and running a virus ridden version of windows 7 and running various scans including bitdefender rescue disk, We were told to use kaspersky rescue disk but that takes to long to scan.

I know, I know....everyone here hates twitter and facebook and all social media but this was a really good article and thought I'd share it:

http://mashable.com/2013/04/18/become-internet-famous/

Why can't this happen to me: Kotaku tells the tale of a North Carolina woman who, upon visiting Goodwill, happened to come across a nearly sealed copy of the 1987 NES video game Stadium Events. She bought the game for $7.99 and walked out of the thrift store with something worth thousands more. http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105...edibly-valuable-nes-cartridge-for-dirt-cheap/

Last edited:
My fluid dynamics teacher has done a lot of experiments like that. He wasn't able to go into space, but he was on NASA's parabolic plane for many many experiments, and he showed us a couple things like this. It's very cool. Just simple surface tension, but still cool.

I just got my Raspberry Pi! But my SD card and wireless adapter won't be here until tomorrow.

PS: I got the UK version!

IMG_6442s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom