New laptop

Elmo1

Baseband Member
ok ............its not my birthday for another month but i had my prezzy early,
a Toshiba C870-18V Laptop.
But does someone know how i enter the bios i tried f2 etc etc, the Toshiba site doesn`t say anything.
Cheers Elmo

Try updating bios..

BIOS Downloads - Toshiba

If none of this works:

Try f12 for boot menu... try FN key's with f2, try f1? tried del key?

Try shutting the laptop down, take the battery out, leave it for 20mins, come back, put it back in turn on and try the keys again

Why in the world would you tell some one to update the bios when they can't get in to the bios in the first place?
And not every bios needs to be updated. You update only if it fixes a bug in the bios.
Why turn his birthday present in to an expensive door prop?

Elmo try the ESC or DEL key. I know on my HP if you're a millisecond too late you have to let it boot up then try again.

I think i had better leave well alone ................you know the saying if it aint broke etc etc, Toshiba have some setting to alter boot device and other things

Cheers Elmo

From the user manual for the C870 you need to press F2 when the "TOSHIBA Leading Innovation" screen appears in order to access the BIOS.

I agree with Seti, don't ever update the BIOS unless you are trying to fix a bug that is specifically addressed by the update.

Why in the world would you tell some one to update the bios when they can't get in to the bios in the first place?
And not every bios needs to be updated. You update only if it fixes a bug in the bios.
Why turn his birthday present in to an expensive door prop?

Elmo try the ESC or DEL key. I know on my HP if you're a millisecond too late you have to let it boot up then try again.

Why in the world would anyone want to start messing around with a computer in bios if they just bought the dam thing? he asked a simple question, I answered it correct, it will fix the issue...he has tried pressing the buttons, as I read his post, what else do you expect him to do?

Bios isn't hard to update if you read instructions and do it correct..I'm not sure why you even would want to do it anyway as to be quite honest theirs nothing wrong with it.

I gave him my suggestion, nothing more, nothing less.

God dam!

Why in the world would anyone want to start messing around with a computer in bios if they just bought the dam thing? he asked a simple question, I answered it correct, it will fix the issue...he has tried pressing the buttons, as I read his post, what else do you expect him to do?

Bios isn't hard to update if you read instructions and do it correct..I'm not sure why you even would want to do it anyway as to be quite honest theirs nothing wrong with it.

I gave him my suggestion, nothing more, nothing less.

God dam!

Updating the BIOS won't fix his problem, sir! Get off setishock's back, he knows what he's talking about! You know otherwise, if anything! Calm it

wow....
calm down everyone. we are all friends here.

i think that the second part of IAntDemo's post should be tried out before even considering updating the bios.
i haven't heard about a case where you need to update the bios in order to enter it. but who knows, maybe IAntDemo has.

To you YoungIT, i'll say your post was unnecessary.
You are new here so i'll let you off easy. but you should know that IantDemo is also a pretty wise member.
way more knowledge than you.

wow....
calm down everyone. we are all friends here.

i think that the second part of IAntDemo's post should be tried out before even considering updating the bios.
i haven't heard about a case where you need to update the bios in order to enter it. but who knows, maybe IAntDemo has.

To you YoungIT, i'll say your post was unnecessary.
You are new here so i'll let you off easy. but you should know that IantDemo is also a pretty wise member.
way more knowledge than you.

Then why in God's great name would he say "Update the BIOS"! I even caught that! Oh, and may I mention that the IT at my own school comes to me DAILY for help?

Back
Top Bottom