blank screen

tony007

Baseband Member
Hi I hope someone can help I have 2 computers in the same room one with windows7 the other has vista this is the vista one. I had my windows7 computer running for about a week when I decided to turn it off, now it wont reboot I can hear the normal hum when I hit the power button but nothing shows on the screen just black I am getting no post whatsoever. I have tried tapping the f8 key for safe mode but get nothing I have tried boot disks get nothing there either I cannot think what is wrong I have work on my windows7 computer so I must get it going again.:facepalm:

Take all the RAM out and see if you get a beep error code, if so then the RAM is bad. If not, then it's probably the mobo. You can take the hard drive out and hook it up as a secondary drive in your Vista computer so that you can get your data until you can get it working again.

My friend told me to discoonect the hard drive and remove and replace the ram I did now,I have no power at all. I have tried changing the psu but still no power. If I fail to fix it I will try ad put the hard drive in my vista computermnas a second drive.

Did you try taking the Cmos battery out and back in? Try it, if not:

Try resitting your cpu to, these things can create black screens with no posts.

Hi I hope someone can help I have 2 computers in the same room one with windows7 the other has vista this is the vista one. I had my windows7 computer running for about a week when I decided to turn it off, now it wont reboot I can hear the normal hum when I hit the power button but nothing shows on the screen just black I am getting no post whatsoever. I have tried tapping the f8 key for safe mode but get nothing I have tried boot disks get nothing there either I cannot think what is wrong I have work on my windows7 computer so I must get it going again.:facepalm:
Do you have any CD's, flash drives, or any kind of external harddrive plugged in? If your computer is on the same settings as mine, it will try to boot from the FD, EHD, or Disk....

Yes I replugged the hard drive back in. I think it is the psu as the one I replaced it with I am not sure if it was a working one. I have sent off for a new one the same type as the old one, should get it soon I'll post back then. Thanks all for your help so far.

Back
Top Bottom