Random Chit Chat

There's really no difference to be noticed apart from the start menu. I don't know why everyone bags it so much.

Yes I am noticing that myself, At first I thought "This is going to be no good" but now I am liking it. I know, You really can't say stuff about something you haven't even tried yet. I will post a little review later.

I am running windows 8 on my laptop. i have installed Pokki. Pokki is a startmenu that does not look like the standard windows.
it works well. you can easily disable booting into metro with this app and you can disable the "hot corners" in windows 8 as well.
Poki really makes windows 8 better in my opinion.... but then again, i am just trying to make it look like windows 7.

I am running windows 8 on my laptop. i have installed Pokki. Pokki is a startmenu that does not look like the standard windows.
it works well. you can easily disable booting into metro with this app and you can disable the "hot corners" in windows 8 as well.
Poki really makes windows 8 better in my opinion.... but then again, i am just trying to make it look like windows 7.

So you like it, I like how the menus are and the startup screen. The updates can take a while to download, For those who haven't tried it I would suggest you get hold of a copy and try it out and then judge it.

On another topic my iPhone has started showing a invalid simcard message and it's happened 3-4 times this afternoon and I've had to restart it, I am going to get the simcard replace next week, Then I almost lost all my certificate course work and thankfully was able to recover it, Now to backup backup and backup!!!

Last edited:
Exactly. Is there any way to increase the size of my partition that Windows 8 is install on?

Yes. You can do this with a partition manager. I'm not sure if the Windows one will let you, but it's pretty easy to do with a gparted liveCD or cfdisk in linux. I'd back any critical information up first though.

Yes. You can do this with a partition manager. I'm not sure if the Windows one will let you, but it's pretty easy to do with a gparted liveCD or cfdisk in linux. I'd back any critical information up first though.

I've tried using the one in windows, What's a good partition manager to use?

Back
Top Bottom