G2120

The CPU is not recommended for gaming.... Especially with a higher end 460 GTX. Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K - Newegg.com This is what you'll want so it doesn't bottleneck! Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

If you want something cheaper than the i5, get the i3-3220! Your Pentium doesn't support hyper-threading, which helps cut down on bottlenecking, but the i3 and i5 do! How much are you willing to spend on this build?

I have a case and the vid card already so

I'm actually just trying to get the CPU, MOBO , PSU and Ram

I've been switching back and forth from AMD and lintel because with amd i can get the budget done

Do what you want, but just a warning: AMD cpu life is VERY short compared to Intel! On top of that, AMD's Dual core and Quad cores sometimes have trouble competing with Intel's slowest Dual cores.... Just food for thought

Last edited:
Do what you want, but just a warning: AMD cpu life is VERY short compared to Intel! On top of that, AMD's Dual core and Quad cores sometimes have trouble competing with Intel's slowest Dual cores.... Just food for thought

I have to respectfully disagree with you here. AMD's CPUs do not have a shorter life expectancy than Intel units.

While it is true that AMD CPUs don't perform as well as Intel counterparts, it is worth noting that the new FX-8350 offers similar performance to the i5-3570K in multi-threaded workloads.

For a gamer on a budget, it's hard to go wrong with an AMD platform.

Want to know why an AMD is bad for gaming? If they become hot, an Intel will slow down INTENTIONALLY to help keep the processor from frying. AMD does not do that :) They will fry while you play, and you won't know it!

Want to know why an AMD is bad for gaming? If they become hot, an Intel will slow down INTENTIONALLY to help keep the processor from frying. AMD does not do that :) They will fry while you play, and you won't know it!

That was true in the past. New AMD CPUs throttle to protect themselves from overheating. To say that AMD CPUs don't last as long and are bad for gaming is misleading and inaccurate.

Also, take into account that virtually every modern motherboard will power off if the CPU reaches a certain temperature.

If you regularly clean the dust out of your system, you won't have to worry about cooking your CPU. I have seen many CPUs overheat because owners never cleaned their systems out. Heatsinks and fans so clogged with dust that they were rendered useless.

I just am very very nervous about an AMD processor :/ I don't want this poor guy to blow his money on something that won't work.....

Back
Top Bottom