Computer is stuck in Windows Resume Loader

zuko53

Beta member
Re: Dell Inspiron 546, OS Windows 7 upgraded from Vista.. A couple of days ago, I received my new keyboard (multi-media). I was messing around with it getting used to the keys and I hit the key with the half-moon on it and then all my trouble started. I ended up with a screen that says; Windows Resume Loader and that its it. Keyboard doesn't work, Mouse (also new) doesn't work. Nothing Works! I don't know if it's because of the new board or is it a coincidence and something blew. I have tried just about every disk that I have and tapping keys while re-booting doesn't get me anything either. I am s-t-u-c-k.

Thanks for you help but my problem is solved. Basically and laboriously, the thing to do is: I had a lot os feedback to clear the CMOS. One of the ways to clear the CMOS is to remove the jumper effecting the CMOS and short it out and that will clear the CMOS. The way to do that is to removed the jumper from the two pins it's on and move it up to the top two pins leave it for about 10 secs and replace in to it's original position. Note that the pins are aligned vertically when the tower is in the upright position. An indicator that you have the right jumper is that it's usually somewhere near the battery (usually a watch type CR2032) After doing the jumper thing, re-boot and you should/could get a screen tha says CMOS Checksum Error, Press F2 to Run Setup or Press F1 to load default. I opted for the F1 and I got to Restore and Voila! it's fixed.

Yes new hardware, expect to reset cmos :)

Thanks for posting back, not many people do that.
There's more to this story. I have a Dell Inspiron 543 which is totally compatible to the new keyboard I bought. So, because I had the problem with the new keyboard I am afraid that if I hook it up again, I'll have the same problem. I called Dell yesterday (4/9) to get a "sendback" lable since my pkg slip did not include one. I got talked in to talking to the Tech people again and ended up talking to an "expert" on keyboards, at least the one that I bought, and he told me that all I had to, if I hit the half moon key again that would put my computer to "sleep", was to push the power button and hold it in for 30 secs and the turn my computer back on and it should be awake. Well we are going to see how that works. I'm about to try it agian and I'll let you people know if it works or not. I had this thought last night after all of this and wondered why anyone would want to put their computer in the sleep mode anyhow? Zuko53

Back
Top Bottom