Random Chit Chat

If you open the layers on the keyboard and examine the circuit membrane, you'll find it's part how the lands are run and part the encoder matrix. There's a lot more going on than meets the eye.

How irritating, I've never come across something like that. I had a laptop that had the screen broken and they put the wrong screen on, It was supposed to have the eye for the webcam and it didn't, We didn't even bother with getting it fixed up.

Well, this is something they do from the factory. My guess is that it makes it easier to apply the keys, since f and j are the home keys on qwerty.

Wow, I haven't used a dvorak keyboard since the 90's!

People still use them? OMG :lol:

Ha, yeah. Some do. I tend to use it because I get carpal tunnel syndrome sometimes from typing. Dvorak doesn't require nearly as much movement, so it helps.

If you open the layers on the keyboard and examine the circuit membrane, you'll find it's part how the lands are run and part the encoder matrix. There's a lot more going on than meets the eye.

The rubber dome is still perfectly in the center. They just put the little scissor thing upside down on those two keys, and since the keys are designed for it, they end up being correct so long as they're in the original position. When you move them though, they end up flipped over, along with whatever keys are put back in their place. The problem is purely mechanical. I'm just curious as to why this is done, since I've encountered it on another keyboard before.

I've always wanted to have a keyboard like that..

Make one? All you have to do is rearrange the keys. So long as they're all the same height/angle and none of this upside down key stuff, it works fine.

Last edited:
@foothead

Whats carpal tunnel syndrome?

Carpal tunnel syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's pretty mild for me. I tend to get it from mouse use (especially when gaming), but it makes typing difficult and painful for a while. Also, I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with my wrist hurting if I sleep with it bent. I've sorta taught myself not to do this, so that doesn't happen very often anymore.

Whilst we are currently on the topic of medical conditions and such I thought I'd share something interesting with all, About a year ago I was diagnosed with something called IDIC 15Q, It's something to with chromosomes Chromosome 15 duplications, When my eldest brother passed away back in November 2005 we were told that we would need to go to Melbourne interstate to have heart testing done they believe my brother had an arrhythmia, We went every 2-3 up years until February 2011 that we were told would get the tests done down here in Tasmania. Majority of my family had bloods taken and used my brothers last bit of DNA in storage. A few months later after meeting with the geneticist we were told that Me, my younger sister and Mum carried this duplication, It now means that I have a higher risk of sudden death, If I have kids they may get it but the girls are at more risk than boys.

Back
Top Bottom