i need help bad, installing printer on win 8

I have cricket internet , not sure what tier is ??

im not to good with computers. im trying to learn as I love to be on them.
thanks guys for the help.

I have cricket internet , not sure what tier is ??

im not to good with computers. im trying to learn as I love to be on them.
thanks guys for the help.

What happens when you try to download? Does it just take a while? If so, I'd just let it download overnight since it seems to be an issue with your internet rather than Windows 8 specifically.

Could you go to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test click "Begin Test", and once it's done click "Share This Result" and paste the link in here. This will tell us your internet speed.

If it takes too long, you could also bring your laptop somewhere like a library or Starbucks to download it, although public internet might not be any better than your home internet.

heres my speed test...
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2628217621.png

it gets so far and stops and says cant down load file.
I know its not win8 doing it, I just cant load my printer cd on my new win8 laptop.
so I some how need that file so I can use my printer.

what do you think of my speed test????
I have no clue what it means.:angel:

also forgot to say I have used internet explorer and dap10 to try and download it.

I use dap10 100% of the time, but tried explorer and both do the same thing.

Last edited:
That is one of the worst speed tests I've ever seen. As you can see it says it is worse than 98% of the US and is slower than dialup using a 56K modem. On top of that your ping time is abysmal (ping time is the time it takes for a test packet to be sent to the server and come back). I think you need to talk to Cricket to find out if you are getting the service you are paying for.

Here's my speedtest:

2628242327.png

Mine is nothing to brag about but still much better than yours.

Last edited:
heres my speed test...
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2628217621.png

it gets so far and stops and says cant down load file.
I know its not win8 doing it, I just cant load my printer cd on my new win8 laptop.
so I some how need that file so I can use my printer.

what do you think of my speed test????
I have no clue what it means.:angel:

also forgot to say I have used internet explorer and dap10 to try and download it.

I use dap10 100% of the time, but tried explorer and both do the same thing.

As the other post said, that is a really slow connection speed. To put it in perspective, it would take about 5 and a half hours to download that 250mb file. Googling your ISP, it looks like they only have mobile broadband speeds, but they're lowest package advertises speeds "up to 1.4Mbps" and your's is 0.1Mbps. I would probably call your ISP and talk to them about why your speeds are so low.

I would suggest going somewhere with public wifi and downloading the file.

Back
Top Bottom