Hihi all >_< sorry i am back with more questions

starrrie

Baseband Member
My current computer is as below::
1. Asus x79 sabertooth
2. Intel 3820 (o.c to 4.6ghz)
3. Antec 750 gold
4. 16gb ram g.skill 1600 I think.
5. Asus 6950 2gb DCII ( the shop OC it to 850 core and 1126 for shaders) I don't really understand all these .. Sorry
6. Corsair H60
7. Fatality profression 5.1 sound card
8. Cooler master haf 912 adv (1 x 200mm fan) (2 x 120mm for the h60) (1 x 120mm @ the top of the casing) (1 x 120mm speed adjustable at the side casing)

Recently I got some budget so I was thinking of upgrading my current graphic card . I am looking at the following cards:
1. Amd 7970 not sure which brand to buy :(
2. Msi 670 PE OC edition
3. Msi 680 lightning

Please kindly give me your advice or action to take as I am lost. Most of my male friends are laughing at my system as they put it as mid range only and I keep having problems playing games which I like Starcraft 2 , gw2 . I don't know much as it was recommended by the shop

My current computer is as below::
1. Asus x79 sabertooth
2. Intel 3820 (o.c to 4.6ghz)
3. Antec 750 gold
4. 16gb ram g.skill 1600 I think.
5. Asus 6950 2gb DCII ( the shop OC it to 850 core and 1126 for shaders) I don't really understand all these .. Sorry
6. Corsair H60
7. Fatality profression 5.1 sound card
8. Cooler master haf 912 adv (1 x 200mm fan) (2 x 120mm for the h60) (1 x 120mm @ the top of the casing) (1 x 120mm speed adjustable at the side casing)

Recently I got some budget so I was thinking of upgrading my current graphic card . I am looking at the following cards:
1. Amd 7970 not sure which brand to buy :(
2. Msi 670 PE OC edition
3. Msi 680 lightning

Please kindly give me your advice or action to take as I am lost. Most of my male friends are laughing at my system as they put it as mid range only and I keep having problems playing games which I like Starcraft 2 , gw2 . I don't know much as it was recommended by the shop

sorry for my bad english..:hide:

I wouldn't call it a mid end gaming desktop. it's a little more then that.
you got a beastly CPU, plenty of RAM, a Semi water. your GPU is last generation though, but it's still AMD's last generation mid-high card.

About the 3 options.
The 680 is by a great deal the strongest one of those 3.
the last 2 are more equal, but i think more titles are gonna run better on the 670.
the latest benchmarks i have seen of those 2 cards, the 670 did a little better. also there are more games out thee that are running on an Nvidia optimized game engine

btw: your English is fine. don't worry about it.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Again btw. some versions of the 7970 has 3 gb of Vram.
if that is something you need then between those 2 cards (the 670 and 7970 3gb), the 7970 3gb version might suit you better.
but it's also a little more expensive.

Last edited:
ups... i forgot "cooler" after semi Water. my bad.

RAM is used to store temporary data that the processor are using.
the CPU can't process data directly from the had drive, because of speed issues. actually it wont even boot without RAM. the posting process can't happen without RAM. some temp data needs to be stored somewhere before the hard drive can even be used.

the Vram (Video random access memory) is mostly refereed to as GPU memory. (i thinks that's the original and most correct name to use)
it's almost the same thing as RAM. the difference between GPU memory and RAM is that the GPU memory is only used by the GPU. it's also faster than the GPU because of 2 main things: the bandwidth is just plain out faster and it does not have to transferred the date through the motherboard and on to the RAM. Very old graphic cards didn't have it's own memory.

By adding more then 2 GB of memory to a graphic card helps it to keep up the FPS when dealing with high resolutions.
all in all you don't really need 3gb that much if you are not running at i higher resolution then HD.
it helps allot when using multiple monitors to game on because of the extended resolution.

=P I see~ will try to digest what you typed |~>_<~| but in you opinion which card should I go for ?

God Damn it. yet again i made a confusing typo. Here it is: "it's also faster than the RAM (not gpu) because of 2 main things"

sorry about that. i am a little tired today. i'll be hitting the bed early today.

I'll say if your friends are laughing at your machine you could get the 680. that will show them. :lol:
it's an up to date high end gaming card. if you can afford it, the 680 would be the card to get.
personally i would have gotten the 670. it has plenty of power to handle any game you throw at it with high graphics.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

if you need some extra explanation about my previously post, then go ahead and ask ^^

God Damn it. yet again i made a confusing typo. Here it is: "it's also faster than the RAM (not gpu) because of 2 main things"

sorry about that. i am a little tired today. i'll be hitting the bed early today.

I'll say if your friends are laughing at your machine you could get the 680. that will show them. :lol:
it's an up to date high end gaming card. if you can afford it, the 680 would be the card to get.
personally i would have gotten the 670. it has plenty of power to handle any game you throw at it with high graphics.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

if you need some extra explanation about my previously post, then go ahead and ask ^^

erm... sorry I didn't express myself well >_< what I meant was that I bought a new computer but still using a old GPU which couldn't load or play games well T_T which i feel it is ok as a friend helped me put in another 6950 >_<

Back
Top Bottom