Begginner Computer builder.

I use the P280 case. ROOMY!!!
Well laid out.
Cable management is a breeze with rubber lined holes every where.
Separate hard drive trays with connections facing the right side giving even more cable management options. And they have mylar mounting washers to keep drive vibration damped.
A big gaping maw in the front for air intake. 3 120mm fans. 2 on top, 1 in the top back.
Power supply goes in the bottom.
The feet have mylar inserts to damp any vibration from the table you have it on.
Mine's so quiet I forget it's behind me on a table even with my head.

I had the P182se and bubba she was a beauty. Polished stainless steel inserts. In retrospect the case was a beauty but it has one big design flaw.
The hard drives go in a slide out box. To get to one you have to slide the box out with the rest of your drives in it. That leads to disconnecting the cables and a higher risk of breaking a connector. On the P280 they went back to the one drive on one tray in one slot. If you need to take just one out or add one, the rest can stay put.
Change the fans out. The 3 speed fans are a joke. I put 3 of the Cougar Vortex PWM fans in their place. Part # CF-V12HPB. They have mylar mounts in the corners with a small plastic tube for the mounting screws to go in. Gives whole new meaning to whisper quiet.

The case and the fans you can get from Newegg. Bon Appetit

Hey guys! thanks for everything! although I didn't really need it! I ordered an antec p280. and then talked to a friend who builds computers and he found me the "dell xps 8700 special edition" on sale. So now I have that by my side working harder than ever! Anybody willing to by an antec p280 case-brand new (I only took it out of the box) just talk to me. I live in BC canada.

Back
Top Bottom