i need help bad, installing printer on win 8

bigscott

Solid State Member
hi guys,
I just got a new laptop with windows 8 and it will not download the printer from the cd. it says the software is not for the win. 8.

is there a way of getting around this??

Your best bet will be to go to the printer manufacturer's website to see if there is a windows 8 compatible driver for the printer.

im sorry, I forgot to say that I did that and there is a download for my printer for windows 8 its 250gb. I tried 2 times and both times its under a min. until its compleat and a screen pops up and says sorry download could not be completed. I am not going to do that again.

plus it takes about 2 hours per download with my internet.

is there any other way ??

I hope you mean mb and not gb (that'd be way too big to be a driver).

That's really going to be the only safe way to get the driver. downloads.com might have your driver and googeling for a driver download might lead you to somewhere else that's hosting it but I typically don't trust those. If you're having problems downloading at home, you might need to try downloading it and saving it to a flash drive or something at a public computer and then running the installer when you get home.

its a hp c4200 all-in-one printer. I teally like it, works great.
I would hate to buy one just for windows 8.

ok, I still cant download it.

ill offer somebody $20 paypal if they can download it to cd and send it to me so I can load it on my laptop.

if your willing to do this for me please pm me. thanks much.

Can you download other files from other sites? If you can't download that file then you have some other problems you need to fix.

yes, smaller files.
I have tried 3 time to download that file and just cant do it and its pissing me off as I want to use the printer on this laptop.

im starting to hate windows 8.

Back
Top Bottom