windows 7 or windows 8 for performance, which is better?

sncomputer

Beta member
just got new laptop it has windows 8 i was wondering which is better for performance?

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
- 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3317U (1.7 - 2.6 Ghz)
- 14.0" HD BrightView LED-Backlit Display (1366 x 768)
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- 500GB HDD w/ HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
- 32GB mSATA SSD
- 12GB DDR3 RAM
- Beats Audio w/ 2 Speakers & Subwoofer
- 2xUSB3.0 + 1xUSB2.0, HDMI, RJ45, Head-Out & Mic-In
- Full-Size US Island-style Keyboard (Backlit)
- Intel Centrino Bluetooth 4.0 + High Speed
- 4-in-1 Media Card Reader
- WiDi 2.0
- Weight: 3.8 lbs

let me know if good idea
thank you

For the sake of usability, I would go with Windows 7 as 8 is horrendous on non-touch enabled devices.

For the sake of usability, I would go with Windows 7 as 8 is horrendous on non-touch enabled devices.

I agree! I refuse to update to Windows 8 simply because the layout seems as if it's tailored specifically for touchscreen devices.

I whole-heartedly disagree. Windows 8 is actually quite good if you learn a couple keyboard shortcuts. My wife, a no joke NON techie, flies around the OS.

However...I have noticed MS having some bugs with updates and stuff. And, if you plan to put 8 on *insert machine here*, good luck. Driver support is dismal.

I'd say usability and performance wise, they're pretty close but it's a matter of time until 8 clearly surpasses. 8 really does run pretty well.

windows 7, 8 is not what I'd advise, theirs still a few bugs and things, so with the chance of hitting a bug is quite low, so I'd go with windows 7, it's a better layout to, I've used 8 but not for long, only had his laptop for an hour to repair, but still, I didn't enjoy it much, it wasn't something I'd recommend to someone wanting a new laptop.

The layout looks like its specifically made for a touch screen device, because that's what you're used to seeing that layout on. It actually works better with a mouse/keyboard, but like I'm pretty sure everyone has said - I'd go with Windows 7 for now. I feel like 8 hasn't really caught on yet and is still lacking in a few departments.

Using Windows 8 here with StartIsBack for my start menu. The OS is well polished once you get past the "Start" menu that is the default on Windows 8. It's also marginally faster in tasks - launching programs, etc.

Finding that games are a non issue in the OS as well.

I've tried 8 did'ent like it although it is pretty steady I think it is like vista a pre-cursor to windows7. I did'ent want to buy windows8 but I may buy windows9 but I do like windows7.

I've seen enough things with my friends who suffered after upgrading to Windows 8.

So i won't upgrade and i am really enjoying Windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom