CF Project?

I haven't heard anything more since then - think root may have taken it up for a bit, but not sure if it's still going.

The conversation kind of died.

ssc456 was waiting for his internet to be connected, and was planning on offering some space for project hosting.

One of his last posts suggested that he was busy working all the time and trying to organise a wedding.

If there is still interest I'm still happy to join a project.

The conversation kind of died.

ssc456 was waiting for his internet to be connected, and was planning on offering some space for project hosting.

One of his last posts suggested that he was busy working all the time and trying to organise a wedding.

If there is still interest I'm still happy to join a project.

Well we shall just wait and see what happens and go from there.

I'd be up for helping write something in Django/Flask/Similar (I'm into Python at the moment, I'd also be up for doing something in Ruby or perhaps even PHP). By using a framework, we'll be able to knock something together quite quickly - so even a simple Forum wouldn't be out of the question.

If we did all this without a framework, we'd spend half our time re-inventing the wheel. If our objective was to write a framework, then that's fine - but otherwise, why bother?

If we use Django's ORM, SQLAlchemy, or any kind of Database Abstraction layer/ORM, then we don't really need to worry about things like which DBMS we're going to use - it's abstracted away for us.

If the project progresses, I'd also be able to host it. I've got a dedicate server w/ OpenVZ, so can easily spin up a Virtual Machine to be dedicated to this.

Why don't we set up a GitHub organisation for CF.org? IMO, a ticketing/issues system along with some kind of VCS is a must.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom