Votes: 31 39.2%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Opera

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That article is very outdated. In fact, most of the 7 reasons not to use Chrome have been resolved by now.

Yup, bang on, but just to prove a point:

1. It's only in its first beta.
Err, no it's not.

2. You won't have any add-ons.
Chrome web store anyone?

3. You can't synchronize.
Again, false - I do this on a daily basis.

4. You may draw the short stick on standards.
Considering it uses webkit which now arguably leads the market (definitely ahead of IE at the moment), this isn't the case either.

5. You're giving advertisers extra ammo.
These days you're doing that with all the major browsers, and if you own any kind of account you use on a regular basis you're doing that anyway, regardless of browser. It's true, but these days it can hardly be said this is a Chrome-only disadvantage. Besides, I'm not hugely fussed - if they can use it to target me with adverts I may actually find interesting, then that's a plus as far as I'm concerned.

6. The dropdown bar is dropped.
I don't actually recall a time when this was ever true - if it was then it was only for the first beta or two, because I used it soon after that.

7. You lose some history power.
Again, the disadvantages mentioned there have since been resolved. Chrome offers a rather vast array of tools for searching through your history these days.

What is the best light weight browser, I am looking for something that will handle pages with flash content easy.

I used to absolutely love Chrome, but lately there's been a sign-in bug and it won't let me edit my Weebly website. Lately I've switched to Firefox.

Just some statistics on what browsers get used the most each month over each year Browser Statistics.

Can't believe Chrome makes up so much of the market. I had no idea.

If you're not using Chrome, your in the minority. I love that I can put it on my iPad and sync all my bookmarks back and forth (and where ever else I login as well).

EDIT: Upon further review those are the stats pulled from the log files of w3schools. Considering it's a coding website, those numbers are almost for sure not an actual representation of the real world.

EDIT #2: Check here: http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-ww-monthly-201303-201303-bar. Crome is still leading the way, but not nealry as much. Also check this: http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-ww-monthly-201303-201303-map

Last edited:
Can't believe Chrome makes up so much of the market. I had no idea.

If you're not using Chrome, your in the minority. I love that I can put it on my iPad and sync all my bookmarks back and forth (and where ever else I login as well).

I am surprise with that too,Firefox is another one used a lot.

I love that too, It's the best feature about it, Chrome is like the only browser I will use any more.

Personally i am using Google chrome for better navigation and good online experience.

But Opera is also really good and very secure.

Back
Top Bottom