Any Linux Recommendations?

drill

Baseband Member
I have been using linux for some years now, and want to move on to a new distro, but im not sure what to try next.

Distros ive tried so far:

-Fedora
-Ubuntu
-Zorin OS
-Linux Mint
-PC Linux OS
-OpenSUSE

So, any suggestions?

Sounds like you've hit all the "mainstream" (if you can call them that) distros. I was going to suggest Zorin, but you've already used it.

Have you tried Debian? I have used Debian for close to 10 years its a great distro. I have Arch on a laptop and that seems to be pretty good also.

Have you tried Debian? I have used Debian for close to 10 years its a great distro. I have Arch on a laptop and that seems to be pretty good also.

I have not tried either Debian or Arch yet (though I know of both of them). Since you recommend them, I will try them right after I try out Mandriva. :)

I'm surprised that Debian wasn't on that list. It's a rock solid distro that is definitely worth a try!

I like the sound of Zorin, I am yet to try it out. I've tried Ubuntu out and I don't mind it, Something different, My very first computer of my own was an ASUS netbook running GNU Linux and I hated it to bits, I couldn't update firefox and installing programs and other updates was horrible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom