I wanna get into programming

i am not sure what IDE is, this is like my first attempt to try and learn everything about C and C++ and what not. I am no familiar with the terms. I see like programs like Microsoft Visual C++ and what not, I just wanna know what type of programs out there that are for C and C++ to use and which one is good for it.

Lookup Dev C++. You can code in C and C++.

How can I get started, are certificate programs good? Thanks!

I may be a little bit late with my answer, my apologies, but I feel like I have to post it.

About getting started, once you have chosen the platform that you want (C#, Java, C++...) there is a lot of courses and tutorial all for free.

A few weeks ago I left a link to the MicroSoft Virtual Academy in which people can learn about MS technologies (C#, vb.net, Azure...) totally but, IMHO, is more interesting the fact that you're talking about certifications.

Well, in many cases the certificate programs helps to improve the knowledge about a platform or technology, but the reason is because not all of them are free and the money you spend in them are worth it... from the most part...

Are the certifications useful? Well, recently someone twitted me the answer to that question is sometimes.

Well, why sometimes? Companies relies more in the experience working with a concrete platform/technology than in certificates, but, when a few people presents the same CV the certifications can be very useful to show up that you've spent your time learning specifically about a platform and in some situations that can be helpful if you're looking for a job.

Well, why sometimes? Companies relies more in the experience working with a concrete platform/technology than in certificates, but, when a few people presents the same CV the certifications can be very useful to show up that you've spent your time learning specifically about a platform and in some situations that can be helpful if you're looking for a job.

In terms of certifications, this is pretty much spot on. However, I definitely wouldn't worry about them to start with - get to grips with the language first, decide what you want to do with it and then weigh up the pro's and con's of getting certified.

Certifications get you interviews, experience gets you jobs...

I think that the best for you is to start with c because its kind of base for a lot of programming languages and then go to what you are getting interested more like if you want web then learn HTML,php try to track worms things like that if you should like to make programs try c,c++ and to my opinion you shouldn't learn C sharp its not gonna help this language is starting to low profile , oh and if you whould like to program hardware I really suggest to learn c arduino I'm starting to like it oh and there is pyton that will help with brain waves and stuff and there is a lot more language so learn whatever you like : )

to my opinion you shouldn't learn C sharp its not gonna help this language is starting to low profile

If you mean by this that C sharp isn't really used in industry so you shouldn't learn it, nothing could be further from the truth - it's one of the most used languages out there.

If you mean by this that C sharp isn't really used in industry so you shouldn't learn it, nothing could be further from the truth - it's one of the most used languages out there.

Plus, even if it wasn't widely used, you could still use it to learn the concepts and then other languages will come easier.

This. My current job uses c# for out gui client.

Evreyone who disagree listen C sharp do not gonna help him because Microsoft took over him and you right it's gonna help him in the industrial but it's taking a lot of work to get in there and btw I don't like to work my butt of for some job that you can lose if someone better then you comes to work so.... Choose whatever you want to.

So what if Microsoft took it over? It's still a powerhouse. To ignore a language just because Microsoft "took it over" is really disadvantaging yourself. And it's not taking a lot of work to get in the real world, it's already there and has been there for a long time

Back
Top Bottom